plumbBOX (“We”/ “Us”) is a trading name of Cofield Limited (09211246), registered at 28 Shelley Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 4HY.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. By providing personal data to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
In summary, this policy explains:
- What data we collect
- What we do with this data
- Who we share this data with (where applicable)
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when use our website www.plumbbox.com (our site), subscribe to our service, register your details with this website, place an order on for our products, request information from us in the form of a query, open an account with us, participate in other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. Please note that separate terms and conditions may apply if you participate in other opportunities such as competitions, social media contests or other – in these circumstances, please refer to the full terms and conditions of that particular event.
Information that we may collect from you
Full name; position within the company; company name; postal address; billing address; email address; contact telephone number; financial and credit card information ; demographic information; preferences; other relevant information.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How we use your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We only retain your information for a limited period in order to handle your query, provide you with the information you require and/or to send you additional products and services updates. We are required to keep some records for a longer period of time to meet legal requirements.
We may use your information to:
- Notify you of any changes to your order or our services
- Ask for your views on our services/inviting you to leave an online review
- Notify you of our other products and services
- Assist with market research
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Where we are providing a service on behalf of a third party, we will share your personal data only with that third party for the purposes of performing the services and, where that third party has your permission, to provide details of other products and services supplied by them.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may use your email address to contact you about our products and services. However at any time you will be able to opt out of these emails by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the email.
How we protect your information
plumbBox take the security of your information extremely seriously and we have the appropriate procedures in place to ensure this. Access to your personal information is limited in the office to only those who require it and office staff are Data Protection trained.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on our site. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at: [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
As a result of the changes to data protection rules (GDPR, 2018), we provide a summary of your rights:
Right of Access – You can request to know what personal information we have about you. We will tell you what personal information we have, what our purpose is for processing the data, who else may have access to it and how long we will hold the data for.
Right to Rectification – if you think the data we hold is inaccurate, you can notify us and we will change
Right to Erasure – if you gave us consent to process your information, you can withdraw your consent at any time and we will delete your personal data. If you feel that our processing of your information no longer meets the original purpose we notified you about at the point we collected your data or you feel that we are processing it unlawfully, you can request to have your information removed.
Right to Restrict Processing – If you contest the accuracy or the lawfulness of our data processing, you have the right to restrict us processing the data until the issues been investigated and rectified.Access of information
The GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with regulations. If you to exercise this right, please contact us at [email protected]. In order to send personal data to you, we will need to carry out identity checks first by using photographic identity such as a driving license or passport.
Updating your information
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, if you think any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us at the addresses given above as soon as possible so we can update our records.
Contacting us regarding data protection